Sony Xperia SP is a nice phone launched back in 2013, equipped with a great performance 1.7 gigahertz Dual-Core processing unit, a medium 4.6 inches multi-touch display, and 2 cameras, an 8 MP back camera and a 0.3 MP front camera. Great! That’s it? Not at all, it’s only the shortest summary in history.
This phone is a compact phone, taking into account that it packs a 4.6″ display and it’s only 5.14 inches long and 2.64″ wide. This phone is very slim and practical, with a thickness of just 0.39 inches. Sony didn’t seem to put much effort to reduce weight in this 5.47 oz cellphone. Sony offers this phone in three color options, black, red and white.
This cellphone includes a spectacular 4.6 inches display with a 1280 x 720 (HD) resolution, which makes everything look absolutely great. This display uses TFT capacitive technology, and allows multi-touch gestures.
Sony equipped this cellphone with a great performance 1700 MHz Dual-Core CPU, bundled in the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro MSM8960T system chip and 1 GB RAM. Graphic rendering often consume a lot of processor time, so the Sony Xperia SP also has an extra 400 megahertz Adreno 320 graphics processing unit to take care of them, leaving the CPU free for other tasks. The Sony Xperia SP comes with a good 8 GB internal memory and an SD memory card expansion slot, which allows the user to install hundreds of applications without running out of space.
This device counts with wifi capability (which it can provide to other devices around, as a mobile hotspot), 4G (LTE) fast connectivity and also HSPA+ connectivity, a slower 4G variation or fast 3G connection type, supported by HSDPA, HSUPA, UMTS and EDGE technologies. This phone works with a Micro SIM card for GSM connection.
This phone is equipped with two cameras, an 8 megapixels back-facing camera and a 0.3 mega-pixels front camera. It can also capture videos up to 1920×1080 (Full HD). The camera also includes many amazing characteristics: flash, auto-focus, face detection shooting, fast burst mode, smile detection shooting, geo tagging and HDR mode.
The Sony Xperia SP uses a 2370 mAh high capacity non-removable battery providing the Sony Xperia SP an extremely long battery life. Sony informs a talk time of 10.7 hs and a stand by time of 697 hs for this phone. An issue to evaluate is that this phone’s battery isn’t removable so you can’t buy a new battery when it starts to have trouble holding its charge, while with its 2370 mAh you will probably discard this phone before that happens.
This cellphone also comes with some interesting features like Bluetooth (4.0), GPS (Global Positioning System) and Near Field Communication (NFC), and multiple sensors like Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope and Compass.
No matter if you will use this device for playing games, want it for work or will use it mainly for social networks and internet browsing, this cellphone is a good choice for you.
- Triple camera array with ZEISS optics and Real-time Eye AF at up to 20fps with AF/AE tracking--a world’s first in a smartphone
- Photography Pro w/ Alpha technology for advanced controls
- 21:9 CinemaWide 6.5” 4K HDR OLED display “powered by CineAlta”
- Superior clarity with 3.5mm audio jack and true front stereo speakers
- Take control of gaming with DUALSHOCK4 wireless controller16 compatibility
- 6. 5 inches 4K OLED smartphone with 21: 9 Cinema Wide display. SIM Capability - Number of SIM - Dual SIM hybrid
- Triple lens camera system with Eye auto focus and up to 10 fps burst shooting with AF/AE tracking for precision focus and exposure
- Enhanced display setting Creator mode (ITU R BT. 2020 support and 10 bit tonal gradation) and new cinema recording function Cinema Pro “Powered by CineAlta" to reflect the creator’s intent
- Immersive multi dimensional Dolby Atmos. Durability : Water resistant (IP65/68). Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Game Enhancer mode optimizes the game’s processing performance
- Sony Xperia 5 Unlocked smartphone OLED cinema wide display, 128GB - Black - (us )
- Three camera/lens array with 16mm, 26mm and 52mm (35mm EQ) Focal lengths
- Eye-af continuously tracks the subject’s eyes calculating focus up to 30 times/sec.Pixel Density:449 ppi
- Cinema Pro by cineaste - with professional settings, 21: 9 ratio, clip editing
- Up to 10fps shooting with continuous AF/AE tracking
|Operating System (OS):||Android 4.3, 4.1|
|Variant:||See other variants reviews|
|Dimensions:||5.14 x 2.64 x 0.39 inches|
|Colors:||Black, Red and White|
|Scratch Resistant Glass:||Yes|
|Screen Type:||TFT (16M colors)|
|Resolution:||720 x 1280 pixels (HD)|
|Pixel density:||319 pixels per inch|
|Touch screen:||Capacitive, Multi-touch|
|Chipset:||Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro MSM8960T|
|Processor:||Krait (Dual-Core 1700 MHz)|
|RAM Memory:||1 GB (500 MHz)|
|Graphics Processor:||Adreno 320 (400 MHz)|
|Internal Memory:||8 GB|
|SD Card Slot:||microSD, microSDHC (up to 32 GB)|
|Stand-by Time:||697 hours|
|Talk Time:||10.7 hours|
|Back camera:||8 megapixels|
|Front camera:||0.3 megapixels|
|Max video resolution:||1920 x 1080 (Full HD)|
|Camera features:||Auto-Focus, Face Detection Shooting, Fast Burst Mode, Geo Tagging, HDR Mode and Smile Detection Shooting|
|SIM Card Type:||Micro SIM|
|GSM Bands:||850, 900, 1800, 1900|
|UMTS Bands:||850, 900, 2100|
|LTE (4G) Bands:||800 (band 18), 850 (band 5), 1800 (band 3), 2100 (band 1), 2600 (band 7)|
|Technologies:||LTE (4G), HSPA+ (4G), HSDPA, HSUPA, UMTS, EDGE, GPRS and GSM|
|NFC (Near Field Communication):||Yes|
|Sensors:||Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope, Light Sensor and Proximity Sensor|
Last update on 2020-07-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API