Sony Xperia M2 is a mid level Android device released in 2014, counting with a great performance Quad-Core processor ticking at 1200 megahertz, an 8 megapixels back-facing camera and a 4.8″ multi touch capacitive screen. Is that all? No, it’s only the starting point of a much deeper review.
This cellphone feels much lighter than what one would expect from a device this size. This phone is offerred in 3 color options, black, purple and white. This phone is just 5.5 inches long and 2.8″ wide, but it is able to fit a a 4.8 inches display. This cellphone has an amazing design, with a thickness of just 0.34 inches.
Sony sells this cellphone with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8926 chip, holding a powerful 1.2 gigahertz Quad-Core CPU and 1 GB of RAM. Graphic rendering usually consume lots of CPU cycles, so it uses an Adreno 305 GPU working at 450 megahertz to help handle those graphic tasks. This device comes with an 8 GB quite large internal memory and a slot for an external memory card, which allows the user to store a couple hundred apps without any trouble.
This cellphone is equipped with only an 8 mega-pixels back facing camera. It is capable of capturing videos in 1920×1080 (Full HD). To complete the camera, it also counts with a large number of great characteristics like auto-focus, flash, digital image stabilization, fast burst mode, smile detection shooting, face detection shooting, HDR mode and geo tagging.
This cellphone includes a good level 4.8-inches display with a 960 x 540 resolution, which makes it hard to distinguish the pixels composing the display. This display uses TFT capacitive technology, and is multi-touch enabled.
The Sony Xperia M2 features a 2300 mAh big capacity Li-Ion replaceable battery that provides this phone an impressive battery life. Sony says this phone has a 14.2 hs talk time and a 693 hours stand by time.
This cellphone features wifi connectivity (and it can provide it to other devices around, as a mobile hotspot), 4G HSPA+ internet connection, which is not so fast as LTE-A or LTE networks or the fastest 3G connection type, supported by HSDPA, HSUPA and EDGE technologies. The Sony Xperia M2 uses a SIM card for GSM carriers.
This phone also includes some interesting features like Bluetooth (allows communication with other bluetooth devices, computers, and accessories), GPS (Global Positioning System) and NFC, and multiple sensors like Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer and Compass.
- Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile as well as with GSM SIM cards (e.g. H20, Straight Talk, and select prepaid carriers). Unlocked cell phones will not work with CDMA Carriers like Sprint, Verizon, Boost or Virgin.
- Sony's first dual camera module with Aube fusion image signaling processor (ISP). With a 19MP 1/2.3" 1.22UM F1.8 and a 12MP 1/2.3" 1.55UM F1.6 black-and-white sensor to form Motion Eye Dual.
- 5.8-inch 4K HDR display. 4K HDR video recording capability. Automatic up-conversion of SDR video into near HDR-quality experiences.
- Sony Dynamic Vibration System. S-Force Front Surround Sound speakers. Hi-Res Audio. LDAC and DSEE-HX support. Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor. 3540mAh battery, Qi wireless charging. Dual SIM slots. 6GB RAM/64GB Universal Flash storage with up to 400GB MicroSDXC card support. PS4 Remote Play support.
- Unlocked and compatible with carriers such as AT&T, T-Mobile, Straight Talk, MetroPCS, Cricket wireless, simple mobile, and others.Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- 1 of Sony Xperia Xz3 Unlocked smartphone - single SIM - chrome Black - US warranty. Compatible with AT&T, T-Mobile and other GSM carriers.
- 1 of Xperia ear Duo true wireless headset - Black - US warranty.
- 6" OLED qHD+ HDR display powered by bravia TV image processing technology in an extended 18: 9 Aspect ratio. Durable 3D Gorilla glass 5 on front and back. New sturdy 7000 Series aluminum alloy frame.
- Streamlined 19MP motion Eye Main Camera system with 4K HDR recording and 1080P full HD super slow-motion video capture.
- Xperia ear Duo: smart assistance with contextual alerts - personalized information is delivered based on your whereabouts or your current activity.
|Operating System (OS):||Android 4.4.4, 4.4.2, 4.4, 4.3|
|Dimensions:||5.50 x 2.80 x 0.34 inches|
|Colors:||Black, Purple and White|
|Screen Type:||TFT (16M colors)|
|Resolution:||540 x 960 pixels|
|Pixel density:||229 pixels per inch|
|Touch screen:||Capacitive, Multi-touch|
|Chipset:||Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8926|
|Processor:||ARM Cortex-A7 (Quad-Core 1200 MHz)|
|RAM Memory:||1 GB|
|Graphics Processor:||Adreno 305 (450 MHz)|
|Internal Memory:||8 GB|
|SD Card Slot:||microSD, microSDHC (up to 32 GB)|
|Stand-by Time:||693 hours|
|Talk Time:||14.2 hours|
|Back camera:||8 megapixels|
|Max video resolution:||1920 x 1080 (Full HD)|
|Camera features:||Auto-Focus, Digital Image Stabilization, Face Detection Shooting, Fast Burst Mode, Geo Tagging, HDR Mode and Smile Detection Shooting|
|SIM Card Type:||SIM|
|GSM Bands:||850, 900, 1800, 1900|
|UMTS Bands:||850, 900, 2100|
|Technologies:||HSPA+ (4G), HSDPA, HSUPA, EDGE, GPRS and GSM|
|NFC (Near Field Communication):||Yes|
|Sensors:||Accelerometer, Compass, Light Sensor and Proximity Sensor|
Last update on 2019-12-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API