Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport is a high-level Android cellphone released some years ago, in 2014, packed with a good size 5.1-inches multi touch screen, an extremely powerful Quad-Core processing unit running at 2500 MHz, and 2 cameras, a 16 mega-pixels back-facing camera and a 2 megapixels front facing camera. We will get a better understanding of this device’s specs when we get into specific details.
Samsung decided to sell this cellphone with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 MSM8974-AC system chip, holding an extremely fast Quad-Core CPU ticking at 2.5 GHz and a large 2 GB of RAM. Helping with graphic calculations, this phone also uses a 450 MHz Adreno 330 GPU. A good point of the S5 Sport is its big 16 GB internal memory and a slot for an SD memory card, enough to store a couple hundred applications without any trouble.
Being just 0.35 inches thick,the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport is very thin and comfortable. This phone is a very compact cellphone, considering it features a 5.1″ display and it has just 5.67″ long and 2.91″ wide. This cellphone is for sale in 2 color options, blue and red. Samsung has made a really good job making this phone weight just 5.57 oz.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport includes an absolutely amazing 5.1-inches display with a 1920 x 1080 (Full HD) resolution, which makes everything look beautiful and brightful. Its display uses Super AMOLED capacitive technology, and allows multi-touch for gestures like pinch and zoom.
The S5 Sport features two cameras, a 16 mega-pixels back facing camera and a 2 megapixels front facing camera. Its back facing camera has a maximum f/2.2 aperture so it can take sharp photographs even in poorly lit environments. It can also shoot videos in 3840×2160 (4K) at 30 frames per second. Additionally, the camera features a couple of useful characteristics: flash, auto-focus, HDR mode, digital image stabilization and geo tagging.
This cellphone comes with a large 2800 mAh Li-Ion battery providing the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport a quite long battery duration. Samsung afirms this cellphone has a 390 hs stand by time and a 21 hs talk time.
The S5 Sport provides Wi-Fi capability (which can be provided to other devices around, acting as a router or modem), 4G LTE high performance internet connection and also HSPA+ data connection, which is a slower 4G variation or the fastest 3G data connection, using HSDPA, HSUPA, UMTS and EDGE technologies. This phone works with a SIM card for GSM carriers.
This cellphone also comes with many interesting features like Bluetooth (4.0, EDR), Fingerprint ID, GPS, Infrared Transmitter and NFC (Near Field Communication), and multiple sensors like Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Barometer and Compass.
This phone is definitely a good choice for you if you you love taking pictures, are looking for a social phone, are looking for a gamer device or want it for work.
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, 3G: HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100, 4G: LTE 700 / 850 / 1700 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100 / 2600
- 5.1-inch Super AMOLED Capacitive Multi-Touchscreen w/ Protective Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android v4.4.2 (KitKat), Quad-Core 2.5 GHz Krait 400 Processor, Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 81, Adreno 330 Graphics
- Unlocked GSM phones are compatible with GSM services providers such as AT&T Wireless, however are not compatible with CDMA services such as Verizon or Sprint. Please check with your service provider for compatibility
- 5.1in Super AMOLED Capacitive Multi-Touchscreen w/ Protective Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android v4.4.2 (KitKat), Quad-Core 2.5 GHz Krait 400 Processor - Qualcomm chipset MSM8974AC Snapdragon 81, Adreno 330 Graphics
- Internal Memory: 16GB storage, 2GB RAM + microSD Slot Expandable up to 128GB - 16 Megapixel Camera (5312 x 2988 pixels) w/ Phase-Detection, Autofocus, LED Flash + Front-Facing 2 Megapixel Camera
- 5.1-inch Super AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 x 1920 pixel resolution w/ Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android v4.4 KitKat, Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801, Processor: Quad-Core 2.5 GHz Krait 400, GPU: Adreno 330
- 16 Megapixel Camera with Phase Detection Autofocus, f/2.2, 31mm, 1/2.6" Sensor Size + 2 Megapixel Front Camera with f/2.4, 22mm lens, 1080p @ 30fps
- Internal Memory: 16GB, 2GB RAM - microSD Up to 256GB
|Operating System (OS):||Android 4.4.2|
|Dimensions:||5.67 x 2.91 x 0.35 inches|
|Colors:||Blue and Red|
|Scratch Resistant Glass:||Yes|
|Screen Type:||Super AMOLED (16M colors)|
|Resolution:||1080 x 1920 pixels (Full HD)|
|Pixel density:||432 pixels per inch|
|Touch screen:||Capacitive, Multi-touch|
|Chipset:||Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 MSM8974-AC|
|Processor:||Krait 400 (Quad-Core 2500 MHz)|
|RAM Memory:||2 GB (800 MHz)|
|Graphics Processor:||Adreno 330 (450 MHz)|
|Internal Memory:||16 GB|
|SD Card Slot:||microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC (up to 128 GB)|
|Stand-by Time:||390 hours|
|Talk Time:||21 hours|
|Back camera:||16 megapixels|
|Sensor size:||0.38 inches (1/2.6″)|
|Front camera:||2 megapixels|
|Max video resolution:||3840 x 2160 (30 fps) (4K)|
|Camera features:||Auto-Focus, Digital Image Stabilization, Geo Tagging and HDR Mode|
|SIM Card Type:||SIM|
|GSM Bands:||850, 900, 1800, 1900|
|Technologies:||LTE (4G), HSPA+ (4G), HSDPA, HSUPA, UMTS, EDGE, GPRS and GSM|
|Bluetooth:||Version 4.0, EDR|
|NFC (Near Field Communication):||Yes|
|Sensors:||Accelerometer, Barometer, Compass, Gyroscope, Light Sensor and Proximity Sensor|
Last update on 2019-10-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API