Motorola DROID MAXX 2 is a solid Android cellphone released a few years ago, equipped with a big size 5.5 inches display, a powerful 1.7 gigahertz CPU, and 2 cameras, a 21 MP back facing camera and a 5 mega-pixels front-facing camera. That’s everything we have to say? No, it’s just the starting point of a detailed review.
The Motorola DROID MAXX 2 feels much lighter than what you would expect from a phone this size. Motorola sells this cellphone in 2 different color options, black and white. The Motorola DROID MAXX 2 is quite a compact cellphone, taking into consideration it features a 5.5″ screen and it only has 5.83″ long. While this cellphone is quite slim and comfortable it’s not close to being one of the thinnest cellphones in the market, with a thickness of 0.43 inches.
The Motorola DROID MAXX 2 has a completely amazing 1920 x 1080 (Full HD) 5.5 inches display, which makes it impossible to even distinguish the pixels that compose the display. Its display uses TFT capacitive technology, and allows multi-touch gestures.
Motorola decided to equip this phone with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 8939 chip, including a quite powerful processing unit clocking at 1.7 gigahertz with a huge 2 GB of RAM. A nice point of this cellphone is its 16 GB quite big internal memory and an external SD slot, which allows you to store a couple hundred apps without any problem.
This phone provides WiFi capability (although it can’t share it with other devices acting as a mobile hotspot), 4G LTE high performance data connection or the fastest 3G connectivity, supported by HSPA, HSUPA and EDGE technologies. This cellphone uses a Nano SIM card to connect to GSM networks and it works with both CDMA and GSM.
This device has two cameras, a 21 mega-pixels back-facing camera and a 5 MP front facing camera. It can also shoot Full HD 1920×1080 videos at 30 fps. To complete the camera, it also counts with a few interesting features like digital image stabilization, flash, face detection shooting and geo tagging.
This cellphone packs a 3630 mAh long lasting Li – Ion non-replaceable battery, enough to provide this phone with a great battery duration. An issue to take into consideration is that this phone’s battery is not replaceable so you can’t buy a new battery when it starts losing capacity, though with so much capacity you will probably discard this phone before it becomes a real problem.
This device also features some interesting features like Bluetooth (enables communication with other devices, computers, and accessories), GPS (Global Positioning System) and NFC, and multiple sensors like Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer and Compass.
The Motorola DROID MAXX 2 is probably a good choice for you no matter if you want it mainly for social networks and internet browsing, need a cellphone for gaming, want it to take tons of photos or are looking for a device for work.
- Display: 5.5" 1080p Full HD, 403 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Operating System: Android
- Processor: 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Octa-core CPU, Adreno 405 @ 550 MHz GPU
- Storage: 16GB, Expandable Memory: Supports up to 128GB microSD Card (sold separately)
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor Octa-core 1.7GHz processor and 2GB of RAM deliver outstanding overall performance for opening and running applications, flipping through menus, running home screens and more.
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS. 4G LTE speed.
- 5.5" Full HD touch screen Vibrant graphics with 1080p support for your photos, apps and videos. Corning Gorilla Glass 3 resists scratches for strength and durability.
- 21.0MP rear camera Capture special moments with your friends or family. Also includes a 5.0MP front camera.
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to work properly. The product will have minor blemishes and/or light scratches). The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box.
|Operating System (OS):||Android 5.1|
|Also Known As:||Motorola XT1565|
|Dimensions:||5.83 x 2.95 x 0.43 inches|
|Colors:||Black and White|
|Scratch Resistant Glass:||Yes|
|Screen Type:||TFT (16M colors)|
|Resolution:||1080 x 1920 pixels (Full HD)|
|Pixel density:||401 pixels per inch|
|Touch screen:||Capacitive, Multi-touch|
|Chipset:||Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 8939|
|Processor:||ARM Cortex-A53, 64-bit (Single-Core 1700 MHz)|
|RAM Memory:||2 GB|
|Graphics Processor:||Adreno 405|
|Internal Memory:||16 GB|
|SD Card Slot:||microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC (up to 128 GB)|
|Battery type:||Li – Ion|
|Back camera:||21 megapixels|
|Front camera:||5 megapixels|
|Max video resolution:||1920 x 1080 (30 fps) (Full HD)|
|Camera features:||Digital Image Stabilization, Face Detection Shooting and Geo Tagging|
|SIM Card Type:||Nano SIM|
|CDMA Bands:||800, 1900|
|GSM Bands:||850, 900, 1800, 1900|
|UMTS Bands:||850, 900, 1900, 2100|
|LTE (4G) Bands:||700 (band 13), 800 (band 20), 850 (band 5), 1700/2100 (band 4), 1800 (band 3), 1900 (band 2), 2600 (band 7)|
|Technologies:||LTE (4G), HSPA, HSUPA, EDGE, GPRS, GSM and CDMA|
|NFC (Near Field Communication):||Yes|
|Sensors:||Accelerometer, Compass, Light Sensor and Proximity Sensor|
Last update on 2019-06-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API