Buying a mattress can and should be seen as an investment for your overall health. After all, we do spend 1/3 of our lives sleeping. With that said, you should look at mattresses that offer great value when shopping for one. In comes Leesa and Tuft and Needle. These two are very popular brands in the mattress industry and they have some of the best mattresses that can be had for cheap.
Leesa Mattress vs Tuft and Needle Comparison Chart
|Model||Leesa Original||Tuft and Needle Original|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|Materials||Polyester blend cover|
2″ Avena foam
2″ Memory foam
6″ Support foam
|Polyester and micro polyamide blend cover|
3″ T&N Adaptive foam
6.5″ Base Foam
|Available Sizes||Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, California King||Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, California King|
|Sleep Trial||100 nights||100 nights|
|Warranty||10 years||10 years|
Leesa Original Construction
The Leesa Original mattress has a 3-layer design.
Leesa’s Original mattress is 10 inches thick and has a 3-layer design. The cover is made of high quality polyester and lycra blend. It is a very soft and comfortable cover. Although you can use the mattress without putting a bed sheet on it, it is still recommended that you do for warranty reasons. Here is a breakdown of the layers that make up the Leesa Original.
- Base Layer: The foundation or the base of the mattress is made from six inches of high density polyurethane foam. It acts as the foundation that gives the mattress shape as well as provide additional support. It’s breathable so it won’t cause heat retention.
- Memory Foam Layer: The second layer is the memory foam layer that is two inches thick. It acts as both comfort and support layer. Memory foam provides pressure relief, motion isolation and body contouring. This transition layer also adds support when you sleep.
- Comfort Layer: The topmost layer of the Leesa Original is the Avena foam. It is two inches thick and it provides comfort. It has a lot of latex-like properties such as bounciness, pressure relief and a bit of hug. The foam is hole-punched for better airflow so that you won’t sleep hot.
The design and construction of the Leesa Original mattress is well thought out. The Avena foam is a lot like latex but at a cheaper price. As such, the mattress offers very good value. You won’t find a mattress with latex at this price point.
Leesa Original Comfort and Support
The Leesa Original mattress has a medium firmness rating.
When it comes to firmness, the Leesa Original is rated as medium. It’s not too soft and not too firm.
The combination of the Avena foam and memory foam provides pressure relief and will allow you to sink into the mattress, but not too much. This is due to the latex-like properties of the Avena foam, which provides resilience and bounciness. It’s very comfortable to sleep on the Leesa Original.
As for support, the memory foam layer and the thick base layer provides enough so that you can sleep with proper form to prevent body aches.
The Leesa Original provides just the right amount of hug so you won’t feel hot while you sleep. It’s hole-punched top layer also helps with cooling.
Tuft and Needle Construction
The Tuft and Needle Original mattress has a 2-layer design.
Tuft and Needle’s Original mattress, just like the Leesa, is 10 inches thick but it only has two layers. The cover is a polyester and a micro polyamide blend and it is soft and feels very good. It should not be removed and only spot clean it if you have to.
- Base Layer: The base layer is a 6.5″ open-cell polyurethane foam. The base acts as the support and it gives shape to the mattress. It is very breathable as well so it does not contribute to heat retention.
- Comfort Layer: This 3″ Adaptive foam is a proprietary item from Tuft and Needle. The foam has properties of both memory foam and latex without the drawbacks. It is very responsive, resilient and it provides just the right amount of hug. The foam is infused with graphite and ceramic gel beads to help with the cooling. The end result is a foam that is very memory foam and latex-like without the heat retention of memory foam and expensive price of latex.
This two layer design is very simplistic but it’s effective. It works as intended and it is one of the best mattresses out there at a very cheap price.
Tuft and Needle Comfort and Support
The Tuft and Needle Original mattress is rated as a medium firm mattress.
Tuft and Needle’s 2-layer design of the mattress resulted in a medium firm rating. If we put it to a scale of 1-10 with 1 being plush and 10 being firm, the mattress is at 6.5-7.
The 2-layer construction of the mattress makes you feel that you are sleeping on top of the mattress as opposed to “in” the mattress. It’s support foam, the 6.5″ poly foam, prevents you from sinking into the mattress despite the Adaptive foam’s memory foam like properties.
If you don’t like the sinking feeling that you get with memory foam but you still want something that provides a bit of hug for increases pressure relief, the Tuft and Needle Original mattress is a good choice.
Sleep Trial and Warranty
Both the Leesa Original and Tuft and Needle Original have 10 years warranty and a sleep trial of 100 nights.
Both mattress companies offer a 100-night sleep trial. In Leesa’s case, they ask you to try the mattress for at least 30 days before returning, if you didn’t like it. As for Tuft and Needle, you can return it anytime.
For the warranty, both companies give you 10 years. For Tuft and Needle, they will replace or repair a mattress with manufacturing defects without any cost to the buyer. As for Leesa, they will also repair or replace a mattress with defects but shipping will be shouldered by the buyer.
Both mattresses are great and will cater to different people with different needs. However, if we had to choose which one is the better deal, we’ll have to go with Tuft and Needle.
It’s tough to choose between the Leesa mattress and Tuft and Needle because they both offer great value. They are both inexpensive and quality mattresses. However, if we had to choose the better deal, it would have to be Tuft and Needle Original. It’s cheaper and its warranty and sleep trial policies are more convenient.
The Leesa Original is not a bad choice either. It has a medium rating rating so it’s a bit more comfortable than the Tuft and Needle, by a very small margin. If you prefer your mattress to be a bit on the softer side, go with Leesa.
It depends on what you want in a mattress and your budget. If you want something that’s more like a memory foam, go with Leesa. However, if you want a more latex-like mattress, go with Tuft and Needle.
Yes, Tuft and Needle mattresses are very good. Their mattresses are very inexpensive without sacrificing quality and comfort.
Yes, Leesa is one of the best mattress manufacturers in the business. Their mattresses are very affordable and they are very durable with quality materials.
Not necessarily. Yes, you can use a box spring for added support but it’s not required. You can place your Tuft and Needle mattress on a foundation as well as a platform bed.
Last update on 2020-10-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API