Kyocera Torque XT is a mid level cellphone launched some years ago, in 2014, having a 4″ multi-touch capacitive display, a powerful Dual-Core CPU clocking at 1.2 GHz, a 5 megapixels back camera and a 1.3 mega-pixels front side camera. That’s all? Not at all, it’s only the starting point of this in-depth review.
The Kyocera Torque XT isn’t very light comparing to other cellphones , with a weight of 5.94 ounces. This phone is quite thick compared to current cellphones, with a thickness of 0.51″. The Kyocera Torque XT is only available in black color.
Kyocera equipped this cellphone with a nice 4-inches screen, and a resolution of 800 x 480 , which makes all pictures and movies look very good. Its screen uses IPS LCD capacitive technology, and can detect multiple fingers at the same time.
Kyocera decided to equip this phone with a great performance Dual-Core processing unit ticking at 1.2 gigahertz, packed into a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8960 system chip with 1 GB of RAM memory. Collaborating with graphic calculations, it also has a 400 megahertz Adreno 225 GPU. The Kyocera Torque XT comes with a medium 4 GB internal storage, which is enough for the vast majority of users knowing that it also has an external memory card slot to store photos and videos.
This cellphone counts with wi-fi connection (and it can be provided to other devices around, acting as a router or modem), 4G LTE high speed connection type or 3G data connection, using EV-DO A technologies. This cellphone doesn’t use a SIM card, because it doesn’t work with GSM connections and it works in CDMA carriers.
This phone features two cameras, a 5 megapixels back facing camera and a 1.3 MP front side camera. This cellphone can also film 1920×1080 Full HD videos at 30 fps. In addition, this cellphone’s camera also counts with many great characteristics like auto-focus, flash, face detection shooting, fast burst mode, smile detection shooting, HDR mode and geo tagging.
This phone uses a 2500 mAh large Li-Ion removable battery that provides this cellphone a great battery life.
This cellphone also comes with some interesting features like Bluetooth (enables communication with other bluetooth devices, computers, and accessories), GPS and NFC (to trigger actions, transfer data or make payments by holding your phone close to another NFC device or tag), and multiple sensors like Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Barometer and Compass.
No matter if you want this cellphone for work or are looking for a phone majorly for internet broswing and social networks, this cellphone is probably very appropiate for you. This phone comes with Micro USB Data Cable, Standard Battery and AC Adapter (Micro USB Data Cable pluggable).
- Kyocera Torque Wi-Fi + 4G) 4" Rugged (Black, SPRINT)
- 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900, 3G: HSDPA 850/900/1900/2100, 4G: LTE 700/850/1700/1900/2100/2600: ( 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 17)
- THIS PHONE WILL NOT WORK WITH VERIZON NOR SPRINT PHONES
- 4.5" Display Screen. Waterproof smartphone
- Android v4.4.2 (KitKat), QuadCore 1.4 GHz Processor, Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 4
- Internal Memory: 16GB, 2GB RAM microSD Slot Expandable up to 32GB. Make sure the charger/data port, audio jack and card slot covers are properly. seated, with no foreign objects obstructing the seals. Do not spray or immerse your phone in liquids other than fresh water or tap water, such as detergent, beverages, or chlorinated or treated water. Certain liquids such as salt water and chlorinated water are corrosive over time. Should your phone be accidentally exposed to other liquids, rinse the phone gently in clean fresh water. Do not expose your phone to water heated in excess of 104° F (40° C) Your phone is inoperable under water and should be dried as quickly as possible when wet. Do not use the charger/data port for charging, data transmission, etc. until the phone is completely dry. Do not use the headset jack to plug in an accessory until the phone is completely dry. Note: If your phone is unresponsive, press and hold the Power button and both volume buttons down simultaneously for 30 seconds to perform a hard reset (reboot) on your phone.
- KYOCERA E6710 "TORQUE" RUGGED BLACK MILITARY SPEC ANDROID CELL PHONE FOR SPRINT
|Operating System (OS):||Android 4.4.2|
|Dimensions:||5.06 x 2.69 x 0.51 inches|
|Scratch Resistant Glass:||Yes|
|Accessories:||AC Adapter (Micro USB Data Cable pluggable), Micro USB Data Cable, Standard Battery|
|Screen Type:||IPS LCD (16M colors)|
|Resolution:||480 x 800 pixels|
|Pixel density:||233 pixels per inch|
|Touch screen:||Capacitive, Multi-touch|
|Chipset:||Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8960|
|Processor:||Krait (Dual-Core 1200 MHz)|
|RAM Memory:||1 GB (500 MHz)|
|Graphics Processor:||Adreno 225 (400 MHz)|
|Internal Memory:||4 GB|
|SD Card Slot:||microSD, microSDHC (up to 32 GB)|
|Talk Time:||18.5 hours|
|Back camera:||5 megapixels|
|Front camera:||1.3 megapixels|
|Max video resolution:||1920 x 1080 (30 fps) (Full HD)|
|Camera features:||Auto-Focus, Face Detection Shooting, Fast Burst Mode, Geo Tagging, HDR Mode and Smile Detection Shooting|
|CDMA Bands:||800, 1900|
|LTE (4G) Bands:||1900 (band 2)|
|Technologies:||LTE (4G), EV-DO A and CDMA|
|Bluetooth:||Version 4.0, EDR|
|NFC (Near Field Communication):||Yes|
|Sensors:||Accelerometer, Barometer, Compass, Light Sensor and Proximity Sensor|
Last update on 2019-10-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API