Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 is a not so powerful device released back in 2012, which features a 1.3 megapixels front camera, a good performance Dual-Core processing unit running at 1500 megahertz and an enormous 8.9″ multi touch capacitive screen.
This tablet is only available in color black. This tablet is just 0.35″ thick, taking it to the thinnest tablet’s category. Even though the Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 just has 9.4 inches long and 6.4″ wide, it still manages to hold a 8.9″ display. This tablet isn’t very light comparing with today standards, with a weight of 20 oz.
The Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 comes with a TI OMAP4470 system chip, which holds a good performance 1.5 GHz Dual-Core CPU and 1 GB RAM memory. Helping with graphic calculations, this tablet also counts with a 384 megahertz PowerVR SGX544 GPU. An amazing feature of this tablet is its 64 GB large internal memory and while it doesn’t come with an external SD slot, it it is more than enough to store lots of applications, games, songs, pictures and videos without even thinking about running out of space.
This tablet includes a very good 8.9 inches display with a 1200 x 1920 resolution, which makes all photos and videos look very good. Its display uses IPS LCD capacitive technology, and can detect multiple fingers at the same time.
The Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 only features a 1.3 megapixels front camera.
The Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 doesn’t have a sim card, because it doesn’t support GSM networks.
This tablet also includes Bluetooth, and some sensors likeLight Sensor, Accelerometer and Gyroscope.
This tablet includes USB 2.0 cable and Quick Start Guide.
- 8" HD display, 2X the storage (32 or 64 GB of internal storage and up to 1 TB with microSD card) + 2 GB RAM. 10th generation (2020 release).
- All-day battery life - Up to 12 hours of reading, browsing the web, watching videos, and listening to music.
- Now with USB-C for easier charging. Fully charges in under 5 hours (with included cable + adapter).
- Fast and responsive - powerful octa-core processor and 3 GB RAM. 50% more RAM than previous generation.
- Long-lasting 12-hour battery and 32 or 64 GB internal storage. Add up to 1 TB with microSD (sold separately).
- Brighter display - Vivid 10.1" 1080p Full HD display is 10% brighter than previous generation, with more than 2 million pixels.
- 10.1" 1080p full HD display; 32 or 64 GB of internal storage (add up to 512 GB with microSD)
- Now 30% faster thanks to the new 2.0 GHz octa-core processor and 2 GB of RAM
- Longer battery life—Up to 12 hours of reading, browsing the web, watching video, and listening to music
|Operating System (OS):||Android 4.0|
|Dimensions:||9.40 x 6.40 x 0.35 inches|
|Scratch Resistant Glass:||Yes|
|Accessories:||Quick Start Guide, USB 2.0 cable|
|Screen Type:||IPS LCD|
|Resolution:||1920 x 1200 pixels|
|Pixel density:||254 pixels per inch|
|Touch screen:||Capacitive, Multi-touch|
|Processor:||ARM Cortex-A9 (Dual-Core 1500 MHz)|
|RAM Memory:||1 GB (466 MHz)|
|Graphics Processor:||PowerVR SGX544 (384 MHz)|
|Internal Memory:||64 GB|
|SD Card Slot:||No SD card slot|
|Front camera:||1.3 megapixels|
|Sensors:||Accelerometer, Gyroscope and Light Sensor|
Last update on 2021-07-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API